How it works
So how does The Ticket Trust work?
The Ticket Trust was set up to enable hundreds of thousands of festival goers to safely, securely and ethically sell their tickets for sold out events including Secret Garden Party, Bestival, Camp Bestival, Creamfields and End of the Road Festival. It will also enable festival goers eager to attend sold-out events to purchase a ticket at face value, without the fear of fraud.
Festival goers who need to legitimately return unwanted tickets will register them onto the site, and then send the tickets to The Ticket Trust for verification before they are made available for sale by The Ticket Trust. The tickets will be sold on at the normal ticket price, plus a handling fee, capped at a maximum of 10%, payable by the buyer. On purchase, the tickets will then be either dispatched securely or held at the event box office for the buyer, with the seller being credited by cheque AFTER THE DATE OF THE SHOW.
Finding and buying a ticket from the Ticket Trust is safe, secure and easy to do. Follow the steps below to search for and choose a ticket for your event and then securely buy your tickets at ticket face value. You’ll receive your tickets ahead of the event by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery or it will be held at the event box office for collection on the day of the event.
– Choose your event from the Buy tickets page. Click BUY and you'll be offered the different tickets availble for that event. Select the tickets and quantity and add them to your basket.
- Once you’ve chosen the tickets for your event, you'll be taken through to our secure payment gateway and allocated tickets for the event. When you've completed your order, we’ll send you instant email confirmation containing your specific order number.
– Tickets are dispatched ahead of the event by trackable Royal Mail Recorded Delivery or alternatively held at the event box office for collection with ID. The status of your ticket can be tracked from your members area.
Selling your tickets.
Selling your tickets via The Ticket Trust is a safe and ethical way of selling your tickets, ensuring that fellow festival goers can buy your tickets at face value and that you are reimbursed for the cost of the tickets. Follow the steps below to register and sell your tickets.
1. Register your tickets
– Select your Festival from within the 'Sell tickets' page. Enter the quantity of tickets that you have to sell, next to the appropriate ticket type.
2. Sign up
– After you’ve let us know what tickets you have you'll be asked to log in or register. Once your tickets are submitted to us you’ll receive email confirmation. Tickets will go on sale once we've received them or, for e-tickets, as soon as we've verified their validity.
– Print out your confirmation and send this document with your tickets to The Ticket Trust (address on the print out). We’d recommend using Royal Mail recorded delivery as a minimum. Once The Ticket Trust has received the tickets they’ll be added to the exchange.
4. Receive Payment
– After the event, you will have the face value of ticket credited to you by cheque.
When buying or selling a ticket you will be asked to log in or register for the site. Be careful to confirm all necessary fields are correct. In order to complete the purchase we only require your delivery address, not the billing address.
You must read the Terms and Conditions before completing the purchase please CLICK HERE
Methods of payment are displayed on the site and payment is charged at the point of purchase. The transaction will show on your credit card statement as SANDBAG LTD or SAFE PAY ZONE, depending on the currency.
Frequently asked questions.
How will the Ticket Trust deal with problems of counterfeit tickets?
Only authentic tickets will be used by the service and counterfeit tickets will be intercepted and confiscated, helping to protect against fraud. Festivals will take action against those selling counterfeit tickets according to their own Ts and Cs, which could include informing the police and Trading Standards.
Who is behind The Ticket Trust?
Created in partnership between the AIF (Association of Independent Festivals) and leading ethical merchandise and e-commerce specialists Sandbag Ltd, the service has been launched in the face of a huge secondary ticket market, which has seen tickets for the forthcoming Secret Garden Party available at almost double the price on secondary ticketing sites.
Who will be selling their tickets via the site?
Anyone who has bought a ticket and found that they genuinely can no longer attend anymore, can sell their ticket for face value on the site.
Do ticket holders have to register and pay a fee to use the service?
Ticket holders can register their ticket on the site for free. Purchasers will have to pay a maximum of 10% handling fee.
Do Ticket Trust buy back the tickets instantly so customers are ‘refunded’ or do they have to wait until someone clicks through to purchase their particular ticket? Are users ‘lined up’ in a first come first served basis?
Ticket Trust do not buy the ticket back. The seller only gets refunded if someone buys the ticket. It will be on a first come first served basis, no waiting lists will be provided by the site.
If they are being re-sold at the same amount on Ticket Trust, is this only for sold out festivals?
Generally yes, only for sold out events – The Ticket Trust are not taking away the business of the promoter or their initial ticketing companies.
Can other venues, festivals, promoters or ticketing agents use the site and service?
Yes, any promoter is able to use the Ticket Trust to enable their ticket buyers to sell unwanted tickets at face value.
Whom can I contact to query my order or check on the status of tickets?
Members can view their order within the order tracking area. This will detail your order, whether tickets have been dispatched and received. If you need to contact the Ticket Trust, you can contact our customer services on the following e-mail address; firstname.lastname@example.org
We will need to know your order reference number and details of the item purchased. Alternatively please give our Customer Care line a call between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Fridays on 0118 9569 183.